Monday 12 January 2009

I managed to grab the attention of a local magazine and they have decided they would like to meet with me and do a feature in a magazine! I am quite excited but also a bit scared especially when she mentioned a photographer! I don't mind being photographed but I don't like it either. Haha. And the thought of me posing is really cringe worthy. Who ever said capricorns make good actresses? This one doesn't that is for sure.

I also have some much needed work experience next week thanks to my cousin. And hopefully I will be driving there in my new car, my very first new car, after 4  years of having a driving licence! Yay. Perhaps people might take me a little more seriously now and hopefully accept me into the professional job world. 

However I have been making some new jewellery, some charm necklaces in fact. I decided to dig out all the vintage bits and pieces I had and do what I do best - compile them together! It suddenly clicked that I should combine my own illustration charms with these vintage charms and so this is the first one.


This one is a bit Rococo or Baroque style. I used some vintage shell buttons and vintage beads combined with my ornate frame and cameo illustration charms. I've just ordered some gloss/varnish type stuff as recommended by Pennydog and so I might use that to seal in some vintage images on the frames. I often put something together and take it apart as I have decided to add something to it.

I'll get some of my other charms necklaces on soon!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the magazine feature, it seems as though things are getting better for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right! It's about time too! Fingers crossed there will be more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely necklace and how fantastic about the magazine feature - wishing you all the best and look forward to reading about it here on your blog! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats great about the mag! Don't forget to blog about it when its in. I hope it brings you lots of sales.
    Bonita x

    ReplyDelete