Saturday 6 June 2009

I am tagged.




Today I found that I was tagged by the interesting Zoe over at conversation pieces. These are some very interesting questions and there were so many of hers I agreed with but lets see how this goes.

And here are my answers:
What is your current obsession? Bad but probably very common is buying things online, could be anything from shoes to materials for my shop.
What is your weirdest obsession? Constantly thinking about my packaging for my shop! I really want to jazz it up and think of the most random ideas, whether it be stickers or screen printing my packaging. Also dunking berry rivitas in my tea - sounds horrid i know but they're just great!

Coffee or tea? TEA! I am a total tea person. I love all types of tea and especially black tea and peppermint tea. I used to like coffee although in recent times the smell of stale coffee in offices and other small spaces has put me off.

What’s for dinner? Been in the Birmingham to see Chicago this afternoon so we stopped off at Nando's. My first time there, I had a hot chicken pitta with coleslaw and chips. The hot wasn't as hot as expect so i'm going to brave extra hot next time.

What would you eat for your last meal? OOo..I'm really not sure. I love lots of food, so it would be a hard one. Perhaps I would go for homemade lasagna with salad and tabasco sauce. I would share this meal with my boyfriend and it's pretty hearty, although that is a depressing thought.What was the last thing you bought? I bought some pants today as mine just seem to go walkies a lot and I also bought some fabulous sandals from Clarks yesterday in the sale at just £22.49!

What are you listening to right now? I'm not listening to anything right now, although on an evening I usually listen to Radio 2, Radcliff and Maconnie, they're a funny bunch of northerners (ish) and they really like Tommy Sparks and The Fleet Foxes.

What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Plain yogurt and pistachio. Not often do you find this in Britain but I've had this combo in Turin and Majorca. Great pair of colours too!

What do you think of the person(s) who tagged you? She seems pretty interesting, we share many similar ideas and she has good decor taste with a sense of humor.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? I fancy going back to Amsterdam as I was thinking about this fab shop I remembered earlier that sold lots of tin things and decorative items from Russia.

Which language do you want to learn? I wish I had learn

French fully, but perhaps any scandinavian language, although I think they sound better speaking english with their crazy accent. I love english spoken with a french accent too! Forget a language I think i'll just learn the accent.

What’s your favorite quote (for now)? “Coincidence is a message sent from truth".

What is your favorite colour? I seriously love all colours as they have their own place in time, moods situations and colour combinations, but I would go for yellow as it usually goes with everything and cheers the place up. A light grey is also a good mixer.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe? Practically I have 3 pairs of the same high waisted jeans from Vila, which are the best shape, colour and actually fit my bum, but I also have a dress from the 60's with vases and jugs all over it in reds and oranges. This is really not practical as it doesn't fit but I could never give it away.
What is your dream job? I think Glue and glitter earning a full time wage would be a pretty good dream job. Other than that a detective in the 1920's. So I can wear a cloche hat to look serious.
What is your worst habit? Having square eyes from being on my mac too much, and thinking about things too much. I, like most people need an on and off switch. O and being too practical!
If you had £100 now, what would you spend it on? The practical me would reinvest it into my miniature business to make more things. I guess I am obsessed with that right now, so that should go to the top question. OO actually I had a better idea, I could buy a small shed with a cute window to have as my very own studio, i'm not sure i'd have any change to furnish it though.
Do you admire any one’s style? I probably do, but i'm not sure who's. I quite like Daisy Lowe's style but I don't dress anything like her.
Describe your personal style? Practical! I like to dress nicely, with dresses and frilly tops, but they have to be practical. I very much like vintage clothes and charity shop shopping. I am never stunned by clothes on the highstreet but when you see something good in a charity or vintage shop it's extra good because you know you have to buy it or it'll be gone! That gives me a thrill.
What are you going to do after this? Take my makeup off and slide into bed. I've had a tiring day after walking through the rain from missing the bus (thanks old lady with no teeth) to find someone has jumped in the train track and suspended the trains for hours (thanks whoever you were!).
What are your favourite movies? I love Black Books, Down with Love, Amelie, Aviator, ooo the list could go on. I've only got into films in recent years!
What is your favorite fruit? Green, crunchy apples.
What inspires you? This is was Zoe said and I think I agree with it too "The idea that something can always be made better, that’s there’s a better idea just around the corner…". I'm not competitive with people but just myself and I know I can do things better to beat myself. Both my and my boyfriend like to reflect when we have nice days out together, I think it clears the mine and helps you get to grips with your next idea.
Your favorite book? I wish I was, but i'm not a very bit book person, well reading books anyway so mine will have to be practical. I love my paper engining book, my matisse's paper cut out books and weirdly I have a Nigella Lawson catalogue which is designed and made very well with plenty of fab illustrations in it. I really love it.

Matisse's Cut out
Do you collect something? I don't mean to collect anything but I do like random bits and bobs. If I had space I think I would collect. My boyfriend is a bit of a collector of random things and I think together we would be mad. I reckon we would collect old toys. I quite fancy having them on show in the bathroom for a bit of entertainment.
What is your favorite smell? I love freshly washed clothes and the smell of nice things in the tumble dryer.
What are you most proud of? I am proud of my little sister and my college students who are all fabulous, very hardworking and strong minded. They are all very talented for their age (just 14) and I hope they have all faith in themselves.
How many times do you press the snooze button before you get up? If i have to be up, I am up!
Cats or dogs? Cats, I thing I love cats more than I think. We had a family cat all through my childhood who was lovely, old and very understanding. We now have a cat from over the road who adopted us and he is gorgeous and they are so clean!
What’s your biggest fashion mistake? I used to fancy "skater boys" a lot in my youth and so baggy jeans are not the most flattering item of clothing.
Complete the following: Love is… like a leaf to wrap around you and protect you.

5 comments:

  1. Your pants go walkies? Bet that causes a stir at the local park ;) And ooh can you still buy those jeans? If so must check them out - they sound fab! (Reading other people's answers is so much fun!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure do. I think i'm going to number each pair when I get round to it so I can tell exactly which ones have gone!

    I found a pair of the jeans on ebay a few weeks ago making my third. So I am sure they're still around somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry its taken me so long to comment :S Thanks for tagging me, I shall have a little think about this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Miss Glue&Glitter !! I absolutely adore the jewellery you sell on etsy, especially the telephones ! Absolutely fabulous !You might enjoy my blog - I am a daily shoe painter...and guess what : it's all about shoes ! Cheerio from Berlin, Frollein von Sofa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew, that took ages! but all done now! I like your quote. gx

    ReplyDelete