I wasn't too sure about how to make meringue, especially the great ginger & chocolate meringue but I just got a few ingredients from morrisons for the ginger & chocolate and stole a meringue nest recipe from the BBC site and adapted it.
- 4 egg whites
- 250g caster sugar
- 100g plain Morrisons chocolate
- half a pot of glacier ginger also from Morrisons - although next time I would like to use crystalized ginger and I would just use accordingly to your taste for ginger (i like lots!)
- Whip all egg whites together until fluffy.
- Slowly added the sugar, spoon by spoon and keep whipping.
- When glossy stiff & peaky add the ginger and chopped chocolate.(I gently folded these in with a metal spoon to make sure it is all mixed up and to keep the air in).
- Dollop onto a grease proof papered baking tray.
- Put in the over at Gas mark 2 for 15 mins and then turn down to Gas mark 1/2 and leave to cook for 1 hour 15 mins (apparently this makes it nice and chewing inside and crispy on the outside).
I hope to see you all having a go now, because if i can make these then anyone can! I look forward to seeing the pictures of your creations!